|
HOME
ARCHIVES
"There are some pretty sick tickets in this town!" - and baby, I'm just one of them!
|
|
Thursday, November 27, 2003
Gracias
Things I'm thankful for - in no particular order:
Robert, a loving and mostly understanding & patient partner
Our dog, Rowan
- I've had dogs my whole life, and he is by far the best dog EVAH! (I know everyone says that...)
A loving family - a great sister and mother who love & support me, almost no matter what
An amazing (small) group of friends - I might not have that many close friends, and I know that friendships and your closeness to others goes in waves & cycles, but I count 6 people right now that I am so thankful for - if you read this, I think you know that you're one of those people. Each of you are so very dear to me - thank you.
My health - despite some imperfections, I remain healthy, and I am quite grateful for that.
My knowledge & capability - While not currently being able to show it in a constructive manner, I am thankful for all that I've learned, and the abilities with which I've been blessed.
A relatively free society in which I live - again, this is by comparison, and while not perfect, I'm not sure there's anywhere else that would afford a big poofter like me as many opportunities.
The rich cultural environment in which I live - New York City - there's just NO place like it. I might covet aspects of other cities, but after over 11 years, I think of NYC as home, and really, I LOVE NY. I mean, yesterday I saw The Boy from Oz (and Hugh Jackman spoke directly to me TWICE = tee hee! I felt just like a blushing school girl), and the night before I saw Henry IV at Lincoln Center, with amazing and strong performances from the entire company. And, yesterday evening we saw Die Mommie Die! with Charles Busch - fantasticly funny and campy - I just loved loved loved it and will probably see it again, and will definitely buy the DVD when it comes out.
Anyway - despite my life needing some improvement, I am thankful for so much - much more than the few things I've written about here.
I wish you all many things for which you can be grateful.
Peace,
Rob
posted by Rob Cordell
1:32 PM
<

|