|
HOME
ARCHIVES
"There are some pretty sick tickets in this town!" - and baby, I'm just one of them!
|
|
Wednesday, August 06, 2003
My subconscious is a fucked up place
Sometimes I think I'm seriously disturbed, well, at least as far as my dreams go. I don't like to stop to think about my waking life, as it's easier just to live it... But that's another topic - back to my fucked up dreams.
Last night's was a typical one for genre - the spy, saving the world, running from the bad guys, and being both inside & outside the action.
However, the players were a bit weird towards the end.
At first, I was some sort of spy - or just realizing I think that others out there were not good, and that I didn't agree with them, and neither did my friends - so we went into hiding. The action took place in this enormous church and school, with caverns, and rooms, and tunnels.
I was alternately a boy and a girl, or rather, I shifted characters from one to the next.
Some of the players were my senior year high school Spanish teacher, Sra. Cline (ay Maria Teresa, por que estabas alla anoche, que paso contiga?), Sara, a waitress I know at my friend's restaurant (who was also on the run with me, and was also a spy - very Sydney Bristow), and various other people from the Chorus, law school, work and the gym.
But then the fight scenes began, and I had these great morphing powers, to morph into different characters and objects, as necessary.
Well, for some reason I morphed into a brunette Barbie, but didn't make it all the way, so the other blonde Barbie and I went to the toy manufacturer to make it right, so I wouldn't be stuck as half-morphed brunette Barbie all my life. My half-morphed self was very AI - face, and front features, but then a void on the sides, but somehow, thank goodness, my clothes still fit. The other Barbies gave us a going away fashion show and party, and loaned us their luggage for the journey. Isn't it nice when girls pull together?
So, I think that's a first for me - dreaming I'm a half-formed Barbie.
Anyone care to pick that one apart?
I sure as hell don't.
posted by Rob Cordell
6:33 AM
<

|