|
HOME
ARCHIVES
"There are some pretty sick tickets in this town!" - and baby, I'm just one of them!
|
|
Tuesday, May 13, 2003
X-me
I saw X-Men 2 on Sunday evening, after spending the weekend upstate & doing yard work & all that -
May I just say that I WANT SUPER POWERS!
I want to be able to shoot beams out of my hands or eyes, or manipulate fire and throw it around, or control the weather, or exert wacky mind control over everyone around me...
but mostly I want to be able to fly.
Okay, fly and shoot some sort of power/beams out of my hands - kind of magic mixed with superpowers, ya know?
Alright, now that I've gotten that out of my system, I loved the movie.
Sure, there were a few times I rolled my eyes, and that certain character totally didn't have to die (see how nice I am not to ruin it for you? and you KNOW someone has to die in these things, so don't even say I've ruined it for you missy), and the whole family nonsense bored me (even though the coming out parts were kind of funny), but the effects rocked - too fun!
And, as if you couldn't guess, I'm practically wet with anticipation about Matrix Reloaded. A friend of my friend Tom's sent around this review - I wish I could give you a source, but it totally rocks:
This movie is a pillowcase with soda cans inside that beats the living mule-fuck out of you but you’re all like, “Bring it on honky tonk” because the beating feels like summer and Halloween and Cheetos at the same time.
So, Bring It ON Honky Tonk, I am SO contributing my $10 to the 1st weekend revenues!
And for the record, I love Cheetos - crunchy always, never puffed.
posted by Rob Cordell
12:36 PM
<

|