|
HOME
ARCHIVES
"There are some pretty sick tickets in this town!" - and baby, I'm just one of them!
|
|
Friday, May 23, 2003
whatever
I really don't have much to say these days.
I'm not in therapy anymore, and I've not spent a lot (or any) time on introspection - something that this blog does for me from time to time, thereby taking the place of introspection.
I've been really busy.
And when I've not been busy, I've been filling my time.
I want a dog or new puppy.
I want a baby.
I want a new car.
I want to take vacation.
I want to find a new job.
I want to be able to afford to do some projects on my house.
I want to plan, plan, plan.
I'm a bit worried now that I've stopped to notice all this.
Something is brewing, and I don't think it's pretty. All this focus on time filling and planning - what am I trying to avoid?
I know this is a standard m.o. for me, but at least right now I'm not sure of the underlying cause.
Is it just my life? or is it some particular aspect?
Well, time will tell.
Perhaps introspection is just not for me.
Or perhaps I'm just being a dramatic queen (as Daphne said once to Justin).
Not much else to report - lots of out-of-towners in NYC (surprise!), and it's been fun to catch up w/ them.
Tom from WeHo, of snowed-in-from-the-blizzard-with-me-and-the-Cher-dancers fame, was here this week, and we met for coffee & then for a late dinner & drinks, which was nice.
Art from Dallas is here this weekend, and we're postponing leaving for upstate to see him tonight after he sees Mama Mia - we'll meet him at Therapy, and I'll see what all the hubbub is about (besides it being NEW - gay men are like my dog - they like whatever toy is new, because, well, it's new dammit). That, and perhaps instead of therapy, we'll have Therapy.
Whatever.
This is my West Village lifestyle, whatever. (if you've not heard this song, it's fairly amusing...I was thinking of changing the words to "my Chelsea Ghetto lifestyle, whatever!", but who has the energy?).
posted by Rob Cordell
1:36 PM
<

|