truvy 
  corner   



HOME

ARCHIVES


"There are some pretty sick tickets in this town!" - and baby, I'm just one of them!

 

Friday, May 02, 2003

 

review

Sorry So Silent lately - busy here at work & on the social & obligations calendar.
Monday - rehearsal
Tuesday - Look of Love - Roundabout production (Roundabout subscribers (I'm excepting myself out of this group of course) are by and large I think the rudest & most unsophisticated lot of people in the NY theatre world - they drive me fucking crazy)
After the show, which was really wonderful with some great voices, fun dancing, and wonderful arrangements of the Bacharach favorites, RJ and I ran into one of my dearest friends, N, on her way home from work - so we went with her to her place & had tea and sweets (she's Persian so, by culture she had to offer us something!), and we had a really great visit. We've been trying to get together for brunch, but our calendars never coordinate, so I guess it took that serendipitous moment to reunite us - I love when things like that happen!
Wednesday - dance rehearsal & then ran into another 2 friends for a brief chat after that - Less serendipity in this case than just walking past their building on my way home.
Thursday - got together for dinner with someone I met last week at the queer networking event, and we hit it off fabulously! He's funny & charming, and didn't mind that I brought my dog to dinner (we at outside at Benny's), so right away he got some really big bonus points. On the way to dinner we had to take a detour, because there was a fire in someone's manhole...er, something like that, and they had blocked traffic from 23rd to 14th, and closed from 8th Ave. to 6th Ave. as well. Funny enough, since I missed the evening news, I heard nothing of this on tv this morning, and I couldn't find a story about it on NY1. Anyway, he is a really nice guy and I'm looking forward to developing a new friendship!
Friday - work work work, but tonight RJ & I are seeing Graham Norton at the E. 13th Street theater. Hurray! I could use a few really good laughs.
Tomorrow we're seeing Varekai, and of course I'm very excited. We're also driving one of my crushes (& his 2 friends) there - *sigh*
I'm not sure which will be better to look at, the crush or the Twins?




<



This page is powered by Blogger.