truvy 
  corner   



HOME

ARCHIVES


"There are some pretty sick tickets in this town!" - and baby, I'm just one of them!

 

Thursday, May 29, 2003

 

I need a holiday

If we took a holiday, just some time to celebrate...

Well, after what seems like forever, we're leaving for vacation this evening - nous allons a France pour un marriage.
Yes, wedding time in Provence for my friend Christine. I think she was surprised I said yes to the invitation, but I've never been to Provence & Robert loves France, so I thought, why the fuck not?

Lots of things, lots of events, lots of thoughts - everything swirling around in my mind.
I've been having a good time reading some blogs out there - you know who you are (Arizona, Toronto, SF, NYC, Atlanta, NoLa - so much to read), and I've composed about 300 entries on various topics in my head, but I've not felt compelled or even interested enough at the moment to write about them.

Some of the topics
- painful memories of embarrassing situations
- love gone wrong
- filling that empty place in my soul
- temporary emotions & their causes and effects
- endless political topics that never cease to amaze me
- food & the effects it has on me
- consumerism & capitalism & tax cuts & supply-side economics & spin doctors, oh my

But, for now, the mental checklist of what I need to take on vacation, and my endless gratitude for a caring & fabulous friend are the things on the forefront of my fevered brain.



<



This page is powered by Blogger.