|
HOME
ARCHIVES
"There are some pretty sick tickets in this town!" - and baby, I'm just one of them!
|
|
Monday, May 19, 2003
Download
Great weekend!
Friday we were lucky enough to visit with multiple sets of friends.
Ed & Ric came up from Miami Beach for the weekend, and we met them for drinks on Friday after work - such an amazingly handsome and friendly couple - it's always nice to spend time with them, however abbreviated.
Then Peter was in town for another whirlwind NYC tour of bar mitzvahs, family & friends, and we had a lovely dinner on Friday evening at Amuse, the new'ish restaurant on W. 18th (used to be The Tonic). The food was nice, but I tend to buck against too many rules - and their rule there is that if you want to do the prix fixe, the entire table has to do it - harumph. But, a word to those who go there, 2 of the things from the a la carte menu are plenty for those with normal appetites - 3 was too much.
Saturday RJ and I picked up planters for the terrace, and then he took off for the house. I spent much of the morning transplanting beach grass into the new planters, and then went to see Matrix Reloaded with Paul & Kevin - FUN fun FUN! A note for those who have not seen it yet - stay until the end of the credits, because you get a preview of Part 3 which opens next November. Only a small handful of us in the theater stayed to see it, and like the rest of the movie, it was rockin.
Sunday was the AIDS Walk (the reason I stayed in town), and it was a great day. From my friends' generosity, I was able to raise over $1500, so thank you!
The rest of the day was spent reading, lounging in the fleeting sun, completing my long-standing project of organizing all our CDs by genre and alphabetizing, and giving in to a craving for fried chicken. Mmmm, chicken & biscuits. I wish I could eat that every day.
So, a good weekend - fairly recharged & ready for the week to come. I'm of course looking forward to a lazy 3 days upstate for Memorial Day weekend - lots of reading & hopefully it will be warm enough to lie out in the hammock.
Oh, and here's fun little test to measure your gayness. I got 73% - pretty darn gay.
posted by Rob Cordell
7:38 AM
<

|