|
HOME
ARCHIVES
"There are some pretty sick tickets in this town!" - and baby, I'm just one of them!
|
|
Thursday, May 08, 2003
Barbie jailhouse drag bitch
Early this morning I had a very bizarre dream, but touching in a way.
I was headed off to jail.
But it was me as a drag queen, but I looked pretty much like Barbie (oh yeah, but life-size).
I had a room with closets that I shared with 2 other girls, both of whom enjoyed Western wear more than you'd think you could in jail.
There was a "college" program, where you got to go away for a week, but I wasn't eligible because it was my first week.
I was taking it all quite well, and my family and friends had come to see me off & settle me in.
I was standing next to a counter when I realized I was going to be in the way of a drag show, so polite missy me,
I stepped out of the way & crouched down to watch it all.
It was then that I realized that all the Girls around me were participating in the number, and they all had matching blue sweaters.
I felt really left out, and one of my co-workers here from the office who had come to see me off noticed
(this was not even the one I am close to here at the office).
She gave me a sweater that was kind of matching to those others, and it really really touched me.
The sweetness of the gesture was the last straw that made me break down and weep uncontrollably.
I woke up crying my eyes out, and my dog came up and licked my tears away.
I've had that twinge of sadness all day from starting on that note.
Well, that and the realization that I'm a total unrehab-able freakshow who has psycho dreams.
posted by Rob Cordell
3:09 PM
<

|