|
HOME
ARCHIVES
"There are some pretty sick tickets in this town!" - and baby, I'm just one of them!
|
|
Tuesday, April 15, 2003
Freakshows from the past
So, in a moment of lolling in the sun (on a 5 minute break from work today), I call my mom, and she's got a bit of news, I can tell by the drama-queen way she builds this up...
"Guess who's moved to Dallas?!"
"I don't know Mom," thinking a cousin or somebody family because she's going to have family company for Easter.
"M________ W________...." dramatic pause - I swear she could be a gay man sometimes, well, Southern woman, gay man - same difference half the time when you're talking about sense of drama..."can you believe it?"
Frankly, yes, I can believe it.
MW, whom I'll refer to as Le Freak, was my former best friend and roommate. We'd known each other since we were 13, and, well, he lost his mind and we kind of had a parting of ways. Well, he bounced so many rent checks on me that I was forced to kick him out and then he threatened to make my life such a living hell that I'd gladly kill myself to get out of the pain and suffering he was going to inflict.
Yeah, that pretty much cemented the parting of ways.
So, Le Freak has moved back to Dallas (where we both used to live), to work for one of the retailers headquartered there - in what capacity I neither know nor care. My drama queen mother was I think half hoping to get some sort of BIG reaction out of me, not in a malicious way, but just because she loves a scoop almost as much as I do...
Seems freak's mother will be in Dallas to visit him for Easter, and wants to get together with my mom & my mom's former best friend, who in a freakish parallel universe ALSO lost her mind and completely turned on my mother out of the blue a year or two after my father died, further breaking my mother's heart and leaving her relatively friendless and alone but for her children... but I digress. (oh yes, Mama's remarried, but I tend to discount that fact)
So, Mama basically wanted my permission. I said, sure, what the the hell, but just don't give out any information about me - NONE, not where I work, that I sing, that I'm still with RJ, nothing, AND, I don't want any information on the Le Freak either.
Of course, part of me wants some information - so I of course morbidly looked it up on anywho, and found out Le Freak is living in the heart of gaydom in Dallas - a la Turtle Creek area.
Gee, I'd love to run over, I mean into, I mean over him when next I'm in Dallas.
The last time I saw Le Freak, it was at a gas station on the Sunrise Highway after we'd evidently both just left Fire Island. My reaction - I looked at him and saw what a pretentious, nervous, freakish mess he was and burst out into a LOUD, slightly malicious laughter. Freaky freak sped off.
Ah, life, ain't it grand?
I'll tell ya - the amount of stress & anguish that one put me through - well, no more - not from anyone. I am now grown up enough to realize that no one has the power to treat me that way without my permission, and missy, let me tell ya, that hall pass is Not being given out again. Evah...
posted by Rob Cordell
1:10 PM
<

|