truvy 
  corner   



HOME

ARCHIVES


"There are some pretty sick tickets in this town!" - and baby, I'm just one of them!

 

Sunday, April 20, 2003

 

Easter's on its way...out the door

What a glorious marvelous fabulous weekend!
Ok, yes, I'm sore from all the yard work and pretty tired too, but I am quite happy nonetheless.
A BIG truvy thank you to Gene, who came up this weekend (with the horse-posing-as-dog Caper the great), and basically saved my life.
Friday we moved the sofabed out of the apt. and up to the house, after I was finally able to secure a trailer from U-Haul in Jersey City - what the fuck, why in all of NYC were there no trailers? Don't the lesbians ever move INTO the City, or are they all leaving (um, joke, U-Haul, 2nd date, lesbian? Oh never mind). Let's just say that it was BIG and heavy, and I felt a little like Beau when he got his sofa stuck in the stairwell. Well, not quite that bad (sorry Beau, but that was truly a fabulous story, and it's even better that you had pictures to show us), but we did have to end up going out of another doorway than I had planned at the apt. (thank the goddess we have 2).
Then, of course, there was the moving in of the couch sofabed Jennifer convertible hu-age mutha, which was relatively easy by comparison.

If moving furniture were not enough, Gene then totally inspired me to do yard work, which has not happened in a LONG time...not that I don't care what it looks like, just that there's always been so much to indoors that I couldn't tackle the yard yet. Well, we raked & ho'd (me love you long time! Insert Margaret Cho voice here) and managed to level out the area that had been decimated by the digging of our new well. We then planted a few new shrubs and some new lily bulbs, and Gene totally outdid himself by spreading woodchips and building a rock border around the bed.
Gene, you are my hero! Since RJ has managed to avoid this type of work with his whimpy broken wrist (just kidding sweetheart), I couldn't have even dreamed of doing this on my own (not even while singing On My Own a la Eponine....um Les Mis, showtune? never mind).

So, as I was telling RJ & Gene on the drive home, I feel so happy because I've got so many of the "to-do" items that were hanging over me DONE, and out of the way before my Mama gets here on Wednesday.
New daybed with comfy mattresses, new sheets, pillows, etc - check
Sofabed (with less comfy mattress) moved Upstate & OUT of the apt. - check
horrible muddy mess from well dealt with - mostly check
create a semblance of order in the yard - check

I hope y'all's weekend was as nice! Happy Easter & Passover & Spring.



<



This page is powered by Blogger.