truvy 
  corner   



HOME

ARCHIVES


"There are some pretty sick tickets in this town!" - and baby, I'm just one of them!

 

Monday, March 03, 2003

 

Sky light

I had a moment of unbearable beauty yesterday.
After a day full of rain, I was coming home from rehearsal at around 4:30 pm, and the clouds had dispersed, leaving smallish white puffs of cloud - kind of floating along. The sky was a gorgeous blue behind the clouds, and I just wanted to sit on the sidewalk and stare.
Of course I didn't - I mean really, get a grip, it's just the sky...but that one minute of light and color made my whole day, and seemed to cure a bit of the winter blues.

Other news - Friday night we co-hosted a surprise 40th bday party for our friend Jim at our place, and it was such an enjoyable evening. A diverse fun group of people attending, my friend Daniel catered, we had a really stunning bartender with a hot body, but his beautiful eyes and sweet personality were really his best features.

Saturday was spent in rehearsal for our concert on March 10th, Viva la Diva, from 9 to 5'ish, followed by a nice evening for the Empire State Pride Agenda, which held a Victory party in the Winter Garden in the World Financial Center. The victory was NY State finally passing the Sexual Orientation Non-Discrimination Act (SONDA). When I explained it to my (straight) co-worker, that this new law simply prohibited discrimination in the areas of employment, housing & the like, she was amazed. Up until then she had no idea that you could be fired for being gay in New York, and (pre-SONDA), that was not prohibited discrimination. Yes kids, some very basic stuff, but it's taken long years to get this done.

One of the highlights of the weekend was spending time both Friday & Saturday nights with a friend who's been sick for quite a while with ovarian cancer. She's just started a new chemo drug that's kicking her ass, and she's spent the past week in bed vomiting and with no energy to pull herself out of bed & live her life. Everyone loves her, and she has the most amazing generous spirit (and willpower to be at both of those events when she felt like such shit). She's my favorite lesbian (I'm thinking of making a sitcom, My Favorite Lesbian...sorry Union Girl, you no longer qualify since you started dating men again) - everyone should have one, they're the most fabulous accessory! Kidding about that...but spending time with her is always soul food - you know people like that, no?

Sunday found me in the office at 8:30 am to do some work before rehearsal from 10-5. After all that singing & dancing, I'm sore & tired, but I feel so much better about the concert - it's really come together and should be a lot of fun (interested in tickets? check out the website for info).

Last night, RJ and I relaxed and watched 2 weeks worth of Alias (stresses me out, but it's so fun), and then the season premier of Queer as Folk. Justin is being such an ungrateful shit, but if only Brian would just say those magic words and get a rose or something. I want to backhand the fucking violinist from here to next week, but then I come to and realize it's just a show missy.



<



This page is powered by Blogger.