|
HOME
ARCHIVES
"There are some pretty sick tickets in this town!" - and baby, I'm just one of them!
|
|
Thursday, March 13, 2003
shrinky dinks no more?
I think I'm stopping therapy. I have to talk it over w/ the husband, but this morning my shrink asked me what I was thinking about therapy, and what I wanted to get out of it. He thinks I've made a lot of improvement in realizing my emotions, my actions, some things that trigger my responses and how to recognize when that's happening. I agree.
He also said that this is a cross-roads, and that we can start to delve much deeper, but that it was not necessary and he didn't think it was what I really wanted. Jennie, after reading your post today, I agree - "true self" is scary shit and I'm not sure I want to look at it or know it really - or at least not the freakishly Freudian interpretation of my true self & my inner life and all the reasons I do what I do and am who I am.
However, I'm open to suggestion and to giving it more thought - I have next week off from therapy anyway because we're going to Vail for a few days with our friends J & E, so it gives me time to come up w/ a well thought out response for shrink-man.
posted by Rob Cordell
8:37 AM
<

|