truvy 
  corner   



HOME

ARCHIVES


"There are some pretty sick tickets in this town!" - and baby, I'm just one of them!

 

Tuesday, February 25, 2003

 

They say in heaven, love comes first

And tonight We'll make Heaven a Place on Earth.
Specifically BB King's Blues Club on the Disneyfied 42nd Street, for Belinda Carlisle's 1st solo concert in NYC for 13 years.
I was a complete Go-Go's freak, and loved BC, vibrato and all, as a pre-teen & teen. Then, when I moved to NYC in 1992, I used to go to 1984 back when it was at the Crow Bar, and we'd slam dance whenever the Go-Gos came on - it was a rule...we didn't make them up but we were certainly there to enforce them.
I think tonight's festivities will fall a little short of slam dancing (Jesus...slam dancing!), but should still be pretty fun! RJ just got out of a court appearance (in the 2nd district...1st time there for him), and has another one tomorrow in Wilmington, De., so he's passing on it. But that means the Broke Down Slant Eyed Ching Chong Ho is going with me - no, not Margaret, but Rowan's sometimes-surrogate-parent, Gene.
Hurray! Plus my law school classmate and fellow 80's child Paul is ring-leading a posse to go, so a good time should be had by all, as long as his husband Paulo can keep his pants on (always a challenge when in a group...).
Well, I'd better Seal my lips and Beat it back to work if I want to have a mini Vacation at the concert tonight.
(great pate, but I'd better motor if I want to be ready for that party...)



<



This page is powered by Blogger.