|
HOME
ARCHIVES
"There are some pretty sick tickets in this town!" - and baby, I'm just one of them!
|
|
Thursday, February 27, 2003
Stong Willed
Blogger-God as a Strong-Willed Child?
Well, not that any of us (except perhaps his partner? I won't hazard any guesses as to anyone else's relationships until I get a firm grasp of understanding of mine, and it's taken years to even come close...) would consider him childlike (he's such a man, pant pant), but I know what is meant.
Many would jump to the conclusion that I myself was a SWC, because of my Very Determined Ways now. However, it's not true. Yes, I had strong opinions and would resent things I didn't want to do, but I knew better than to disobey my parents as a child.
My mother tells me I threw exactly 1 tantrum as a toddler - I cried and screamed because I didn't get my way on whatever it was I wanted. Well, she smacked the shit out of me, and I looked at her stunned (*stunned!*) and then cried for real. I never tried it again.
Okay, so by the time I was a teenaged boy, I was the typical smart kid sarcastic smart-ass. I knew better than anyone because I really knew the whole picture - I knew what was going on - I was just so much smarter than everyone else.
Lord, how my parents didn't drop me off at the local orphanage is really beyond me - I was difficult. Of course, that was all tempered by the fact that I never did anything really bad - never went out late, didn't drink, got straight A's, did my homework, had a job - it's just that I had a nasty little teenage attitude about it all.
And you think that was bad? Try the semester or so of high school when I had a "Christian" girlfriend and was "born again". I was fucking impossible. I think I want to start a discussion group for adult fags who were closeted born-again teens. I shudder to recall how I regurgitated any doctrinal mandate that was spoken to me by the girlfriend or her minister (who was SO cute - he Had to be gay now that I think of it...).
Ah well, thankfully I've grown out of all that (live and learn, or love and learn?), but I think by now my partner and everyone else who knows me would consider me to be strong-willed - but that's a good thing, right?
posted by Rob Cordell
1:15 PM
<

|