|
HOME
ARCHIVES
"There are some pretty sick tickets in this town!" - and baby, I'm just one of them!
|
|
Wednesday, February 19, 2003
Let it go already
Sorry I've not been very verbose for the past few days - I've not really felt like doing anything, even blogging.
I had a good weekend in the City - saw some plays & went to the White Party, and even though I ventured forth alone, I met up with some friends and had a grand ole time. Alegria was cancelled, but that was ok, there will be another one in March.
*sigh* but it's been gray & snowy & I've been tired & uninspired.
So what caused me to jump back on the blog-wagon today?
I read this in the NYT.
I stopped into HoJo's in Time Square on Monday the other week before meeting a friend to exchange tickets for Oklahoma! (which is closing end of this week), sat myself at the counter, there were 3 other people in the whole place at 12:30. I ordered a Turkey Ruben, which is of course, not really on the menu, because a Ruben is made with pastrami normally, but I don't eat that. Anyway, horrible waiter said, "No, we can't do that."
Harumph.
I asked, "Do you have turkey for a turkey sandwich?"
"Yes."
"So you can do that - just charge me a change fee or something if the turkey is more expensive" (doubtfully more...).
"No, we can't do that."
At which point I of course lost my temper and stormed out, yelling "I can order this at any respectable diner in the City, no wonder you people don't have any customers! You're fucking ridiculous!"
So, I went to the cafe at my gym and got a grilled chicken sandwich on flatbread - much healthier anyway.
My point? It's time for the Ho-Jo's to close anyway - let it go people & move on with your foody lives.
posted by Rob Cordell
1:38 PM
<

|