|
HOME
ARCHIVES
"There are some pretty sick tickets in this town!" - and baby, I'm just one of them!
|
|
Thursday, February 27, 2003
It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood
Goodbye Mr. Rogers.
You always knew that Mr. Rogers wasn't really cool. But his soft-spoken nature and gentle way of treating everyone kindly and with respect (yes, even children *gasp*) was such a positive message, it made you feel good to lose yourself in the land of make-believe.
In effect, that's what I did - even at age 5 or so, I remember wondering why I couldn't have neighbors who were so nice, instead of kids who tortured you for being fat, a sissy, a mama's boy, different - and the adults who stood by and silently agreed.
Why couldn't everyone be so positive and kind? Wasn't it just easier to take that little train off into your own land of make believe?
We'll miss you Mr. Rogers, but long may your show and your message play in syndication.
posted by Rob Cordell
6:20 AM
<
|