truvy 
  corner   



HOME

ARCHIVES


"There are some pretty sick tickets in this town!" - and baby, I'm just one of them!

 

Wednesday, January 22, 2003

 

Colder than a witch's ...

OMG
Okay, I got so spoiled in all of 3 1/2 days in Los Angeles - mostly sunny, highs in the low 70's, wearing shorts & a t-shirt for hikes in Runyon Canyon with the pooches... and now 21 degrees and windy and horribly cold.
LA was fun - I ended up not going out to the circuit party because none of my friends wanted to go, and as Kiera said last night when we were IM'ing, "ain't no fun to go posse-less", or something like that. On some level I would have been fine & danced my mess around and all, but then on some level I would have been a bit sad to be going it alone, so I thought better of it & had a nice relaxing trip, as opposed to a nice but tiring trip.
It was great fun to visit w/ Peter & Gryffin, and nice to see my other friends out there.
Celebrity sightings: Robin Williams just walking down Sunset chatting on his mobile & smiling
Lisa Loeb on my plane on the way home, with whom I am vague acquaintances - before she was a big star and when I was in law school I dated one of her best friends for like 5 seconds and we used to go see her sing when she was Liz & Lisa (okay, she wasn't both, but had a partner Liz), and then Lisa Loeb & 9 Stories. I really loved seeing her perform, and I like her clever and catchy lyrics & tunes. So, I said hi to her & chatted very briefly after the flight. I was torn between not wanting to bother her or fawn over her like fans might and not wanting to be rude or not say hello - I mean, I was on familiar enough terms to be at a party at her apt. on Christopher Street way way back when, so at least say hi, right? Anyway, my self-conscious fears of not being remembered or of bothering her were laid to rest as she was very friendly and did indeed remember me & said that she'd tell David we ran into each other (the friend of hers I dated for 5, or was it 6, seconds).
Very minor celebrity sighting - Bobby Trendy - Anna Nicole's designer (I say minor, but fuck it, I'm not on tv, so he's light years ahead of me...this for all of you who think I'm being bitchy).

Hmm, that makes me think - "ahead of me" - is celebrity what I want? No, not really, I don't think so in my heart of hearts. Known, maybe, but celebrity, no - sounds too much of a bother.
You and you could tell us if celebrity is all that, oh blog legends!

Anyway, so I'm back, and busy as ever with rehearsal, a friend in town for a few days, finally seeing Millie tomorrow night, and getting my death sentence review on Friday.



<



This page is powered by Blogger.