truvy 
  corner   



HOME

ARCHIVES


"There are some pretty sick tickets in this town!" - and baby, I'm just one of them!

 

Tuesday, December 24, 2002

 

Oh there's no place like home

For the holidays, RJ and I sped to Dallas for the weekend to visit with my family.
It was nice & the perfect amount of time - 2 1/2 days is enough to visit but not too much time that would lead to fights.
We met my sister's fiance for the 1st time, and he seems like a very nice guy. Everyone was very comfortable around each other, and I think it helps that he has a gay brother as well (hurray - genetics would predispose the boy children to be "that way"!).
Staying at my mom's place is nice, but I'll tell ya, 3 nights on the couch bed is more than enough. My back is still killing me, even after a wonderful night's sleep last night at home in our own bed.
Sunday evening we saw Turtle Creek Chorale perform at the new Eisemann Center in Richardson, Texas. It's a very nice hall & the Chorale performed very nicely. It was very interesting to sit in the audience for once. They sang Randall Bass' arrangement of "Gloria", which we also just sung, and it was Very hard for me not to hum along, but very interesting to see how a different conductor treated the piece. Overall, I was happier with our performance, as I think it had much greater dynamics and overall tonal quality, not to mention orchestration (especially the ending, which kind of just...ended with TCC, but had a big dramatic drum flourish at ours). I'd love to discuss it with our conductor sometime.
Anywho - tonight we drive upstate to the house -
Yes, Virginia, there really is a Santa Claus, and we need to get a tree tonight & decorate it, then place all the presents underneath so that Santa can have something pretty to look at when he slips into the house to stuff our stockings.
There's no place like Home for the holidays - and more and more it's easier and wonderful to say "home" meaning the house, meaning with Robert & Rowan, being together. It's so peaceful upstate (if you ignore the well probably not being done yet...), and I can't wait to get up there, bake some pumpkin pies (with ginger whipped cream) & make some fresh cranberry relish to take to our friends' house for dinner, and then relax just the 2 of us (plus 1 dog) at home - peace & quiet, love & harmony, sated in every sense.
Even though I'll have to come back to the City Thursday morning to work, I'm alright with that, and looking forward to a few slow & relatively quiet days at work as well.
May the holiday fill your hearts & your homes with many blessings, and I wish you all a very Merry Christmas.



<



This page is powered by Blogger.