truvy 
  corner   



HOME

ARCHIVES


"There are some pretty sick tickets in this town!" - and baby, I'm just one of them!

 

Tuesday, December 03, 2002

 

All the days of my life

Okay, I don't know what happened to my post from yesterday - but it's not here.
Oh well - it was a bit sad, as I was reflecting on death once again. 2 different friends of mine had a parent die this past Saturday.
I spent yesterday morning at a funeral service for one friend's father, and it was a touching tribute to a man that was so clearly loved by so many. The short speeches given by each of the 3 sons were very moving, especially the one by my friend. Since it is Hanukkah, the Rabbi explained to us, the prayer for the dead (the Kaddish) is not said, but instead he recited the Psalm of David, which was also very moving. The service, of course, made me think about my own father's death & the impersonal service we had for him. Instead of dwelling on it though, I concentrated on the service at hand, and sending thoughts of love & strength to my friend. It was a difficult morning, but really a very beautiful one.
My wish for each of you during this holiday season: may goodness and mercy follow you all the days of your life.



<



This page is powered by Blogger.