|
HOME
ARCHIVES
"There are some pretty sick tickets in this town!" - and baby, I'm just one of them!
|
|
Tuesday, December 31, 2002
2002 -
For those of you who are spared receiving my tedious year-in-review (yes, I'm one of those types) in the mail, I kind of feel like I should do a mini-one here - don't worry, much less tedious, although it really is all in degrees, isn't it?
Some favorite memories of the year:
Trip to Dallas for Mama's 60th birthday & throwing her a huge party
Visiting Peter in LA and meeting him in Vegas to see Cher
Pride Parade & everything coming together with the float after a lot of planning & work
Quiet moments in my new hammock (really one of my favorite gifts ever) up at the house - swinging, floating underneath the tall spruce trees that seem to look down at me - almost achingly beautiful with the sunlight filtering through their strong branches
Swimming in the lake upstate for the 1st time since we bought the house & trying to get over my fear of the monsters below
Being so proud of Robert when he graduated & was class speaker
Week in Provincetown with RJ, Gene, Jim & Mark - forever marked in my mind with Dolly's Stairway
Australia - the competition, the sense of achievement, the parties, the huge amounts of fun, the feeling of awe & wonder that seems increasingly hard to come by
Weekend with my family before Christmas - I truly try not to take them for granted & this trip was relaxed and loving - just as I'd hoped it would be - especially with meeting my new brother-in-law to be
Least Favorite things about 2002:
Worry over my mother's health & her continued surgeries on her spine & neck
Really feeling fucked over at work on 2 major occasions
Disappointing or hurting RJ on too many occasions
So many friends losing parents
Republican control of Congress - the implications for the judiciary and the environment alone keep me awake at night; as well as what it says about our country - the tide of political feelings & the directions in which it's heading
Nasty horrible coordinators of the SingOut concert in Sydney - completely ruined the event for me
The persistent feeling that I'm outside - of groups, of people, of life sometimes
Overall, 2002 was a good year - mixed blessings at times, but I'm still here and I think a year wiser for my experiences.
I started this blog in January of 2002, and I've really enjoyed the process - reading others' blogs and writing my own, "meeting" new people - although but for Walt, all the meetings have been virtual.
There's a lot of talent out there in blogland, and a lot of interesting people.
I look forward to more in 2003 - both from Blogland and in the "real" world
posted by Rob Cordell
9:17 AM
<

|