truvy 
  corner   



HOME

ARCHIVES


"There are some pretty sick tickets in this town!" - and baby, I'm just one of them!

 

Thursday, November 28, 2002

 

Turkey Lurkey

Well dear ones, here it is Thanksgiving afternoon and this year, I'm not cooking. Our guests for the country had to cancel for health reasons, so we decided to forego T'giving in the country and stay in the city, especially since I have to work Friday anyway. Well, that and we went to Alegria last night.
May I just say (yes, I think I may), that the Alegria parties are always always fun! This time too, RJ went with me & the boys, and had fun, although he was the sensible one & left at 3:30/4:00. I, on the other hand, danced my bootie off until past 7:00 this morning and now I feel like a wrung out dishcloth, but in a good way of course.
The music was fun, the lights pretty good, the boys incredibly beautiful and happy. Now if my knee would stop swelling, I'd be in fairly decent shape.
Instead of cooking, we're going to go to Cafe Loup & have dinner, which has the added bonus of spending a few hours with our friend Jim, who manages the place & has to be there anyway.
OMG - I almost forgot to tell you all.
Ok, did I tell you about Kevin, the gorgeous triathlete I met in Sydney? He was so handsome I was taking pictures of him on his finish of the triathlon, and then I met him & danced with him at the Sunset/Harbor party (he was walking by, and I grabbed him, saying something like, "you're my favorite triathlete"). Well, we danced for a while and he even gave me a very sweet little kiss. *sigh*
Well, he was at Alegria last night. "What's the big deal?" you ask? He lives in San Francisco! I saw him and said hi, reminding him of our meeting in Sydney, and even remembering his last name (which probably made me look like some kind of stalker now that I think of it). Well, he was on his way to Boston for Thanksgiving w/ the family & stopped in NY for the party. He was kind of busy with some tattooed boy, but it was fun to see him.
Also, my crush was there, and I spoke with him a few times, which was nice. He was also busy with other boys, but he, it's not like I don't have a boyfriend or anything, and I certainly had fun dancing w/ RJ and our friends.

A short list of things for which I'm grateful:
Music
Friends
Love
My family
Good food
Good wine
Advil

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!



<



This page is powered by Blogger.