|
HOME
ARCHIVES
"There are some pretty sick tickets in this town!" - and baby, I'm just one of them!
|
|
Thursday, October 10, 2002
Shrink me like a Shrinky Dink Cartoon Character
My therapist chastised me this morning for my evasion of hard topics.
He wanted to talk about feelings (um...*yuck*... no thanks), and I of course turned it into narrative. Highly engaged narrative that was really just a recount of (*yawn, mundane*) my frustrations at work.
So he's all, "Rob, I think we tend to get side tracked, and I'm going to stop that from happening in the future."
Oooh - a challenge! Let's see if I can side track the therapist and avoid talking about my abandonment issues.
(you know, I really don't like having "issues" - fuck issues - I'd rather have...something else)
He thinks I live in a self-imposed police state, and that's why I want to (and do) break so out of the "rules" sometimes (witness the bruised wrist & knee). I don't know - I think my police state is necessary to prevent anarchy - I'm not sure I'm evolved enough to get a moderate Netherlandish type of self-governance...permissible but functionally peaceful.
Maybe I should just grow up.
posted by Rob Cordell
2:13 PM
<

|