|
HOME
ARCHIVES
"There are some pretty sick tickets in this town!" - and baby, I'm just one of them!
|
|
Wednesday, October 09, 2002
An Apple a Day
Well, I guess I'm not the only one whose apples suffered this year. Last year we had a great crop from 2 of our 4 trees, but this year the few apples that have grown are very small & quite tart.
The apple trees at our house are so old, combined with the fact that we don't use insecticides or fertilizers, that we don't expect much out of them. So, when last year's crop was so large, I made more Spruce Lodge Apple Butter than you could shake a stick at.
Alas, this year there will be no new apple butter. Luckily I still have about 24 jars - enough to get me through the holiday cocktail party season (it's a little different than bringing spirits, but I think stands out a bit more than the merry widow) and still have a few left over for toast, cornbread & biscuits up at the house this year.
Anyone care to come up for the weekend & sample my handicrafts (I almost said "sample my wares", but thought that would be taken crudely...and I wouldn't want that, now would I)?
posted by Rob Cordell
8:31 AM
<

|