truvy 
  corner   



HOME

ARCHIVES


"There are some pretty sick tickets in this town!" - and baby, I'm just one of them!

 

Monday, September 23, 2002

 

Mr. Fixit

Props to the hubby, who was a major project man this weekend. List of things accomplished at the house:
1. Squared off a wooden gate by reinforcing the right angle with a properly cut diagonal piece of wood & several well-placed screws.
2. Finished attaching headboards & footboards to the beds (the last one involving some very clever woodwork to basically wrap the antique wooden bedframe around the modern (structurally sound) metal frame.
3. Replacement of a cracked window and re-attachment of broken sash cords for both upper & lower window panes.
4. Discovery & elimination of the dead mice I smelled in the basement. Get this - I had stored the "humane" mousetrap on top of some boxes in the basement for the summer (when the meeses live outside - frolicking in the sunshine). 2 of the stupid fucks decided to investigate this nifty device & found themselves trapped. One was seriously decomposing, while the other was still fresh. How simultaneously stupid and horrifying to go investigate your dead mousy-relative and find it both dead and be trapped w/ the dead body. Oh well - with the onset of cooler weather, the trap is once again in use, and will be checked weekly for intruders in one of their favorite spots by the refrigerator. Yes, to answer your silent question - I'd rather just not have mice at all - but in the country in an 80+ year old house, there really is no way to prevent their entry.

As a reward for all the projects, well and also just cause I was horny after being tipsy & naked in the hottub, I excused us from our 2 guests for a few minutes and dragged RJ up to the 3rd floor where mad passionate monkey love (as you would say) was had.



<



This page is powered by Blogger.