truvy 
  corner   



HOME

ARCHIVES


"There are some pretty sick tickets in this town!" - and baby, I'm just one of them!

 

Wednesday, August 28, 2002

 

Vacation is so close I can almost taste it

Do you feel this way too before you take a vacation? I can't wait! I'm already there. I'm resentful of the piles of work on my desk that must be done before I go.
Saturday cannot come soon enough!
Next week RJ and I are going to Provincetown, which will mark the 1st time I've been away from this office for an entire week since last Thanksgiving. 9 months without a week off has really worked my nerves to a lovely fray - rather than a fray, more like a fringe.
Granted, I've had a few quick jaunts here & there - Los Angeles for a long weekend in January to see Peter, Dallas for a long weekend in March for Mama's 60th bday, Dallas again in April to help take care of her after her surgery, Las Vegas for Cher & the fabulousness of it all (although only for a weekend) - and there's the escape from the City most every weekend, so No, I've not Suffered, and I realize it's not been That bad.
But, there is definitely a major therapeutic benefit to saying goodbye to it all for a whole week (it sounds so fucking luxurious when I roll it off my tongue - "a whole week off"), that I was missing from those quick weekend trips. Plus, we're driving, so there's no airport hassle to deal with - just get in the car & go.
Now also mind you - I know that there will be traffic no matter How early we leave (I plan to leave by 6 am & let the bf & dog sleep as I trundle along at a fast clip along 95N in the wee hours). But, I am repeating to myself now - "a whole week" - I have an entire week to let the stress & burdens lift from my shoulders - to let myself bliss out and become a better person for it.
By the time Gene & Jim join us on Wednesday afternoon, I plan to be a lump of relaxation (plus I will have read myself blind with Pleasure reading(!) by then).
Ah vacation.... Vacation...VaCaTion...VACATION - Come to me now!



<



This page is powered by Blogger.