truvy 
  corner   



HOME

ARCHIVES


"There are some pretty sick tickets in this town!" - and baby, I'm just one of them!

 

Thursday, August 29, 2002

 

Once again, the Higher the Hair, the closer to God

I saw Hairspray again last night, and it was so great! The music is infectious & singable, the dancing is creative but accessible, the comedy is well-timed & I got a few more lines of the book last night that I didn't the 1st time ("Manipulating the judicial system just to win a contest is un-American!" - HA!). The actors are all very very good, and the ensemble is wonderful. Jackie Hoffman is seriously funny (her mouth contortions alone are enough to get peals of laughter from the audience - and the 3 roles she plays are fantastic), and I have a serious crush on John Hill, the sexiest ensemble member. John, if you're out there, drop me a line!
Ah, I gush, and I know you've heard it all before, but you should really try to see this show! Get tickets now for January or February - I think I'm going to get some for March or April next year when Mama is in town next - or maybe sooner.
We went to Victor's Cuban Cafe for dinner before the show - I love Cuban food - it really is wonderful. I had pargo en camisa de platano - Red Snapper with a dried plantain crust - Yummy! And not to mention maduros (ripe plantains), rice & beans, plantain mash, and an empanada with lobster to die for! Oh yeah, and a few mojitos. I bought dinner for the group, and I think that scored me a few points with the in-laws. I got there first and thought to myself, "I don't want to deal with who's going to pay or fighting over the check", so I just decided to preempt the issue.
Anyway - it was a fun night, and it was fun to see Loopee & John & Stephen (although we missed Cissy) at the show as well. There were quite a few Mo's there, and a very handsome one was sitting 2 rows in front of me. While I was waiting for the group out front (they had to deal w/ infra-red devices), he smiled at me...(*blush*). Hee hee - very schoolgirl of me, but nice nonetheless.



<



This page is powered by Blogger.