|
HOME
ARCHIVES
"There are some pretty sick tickets in this town!" - and baby, I'm just one of them!
|
|
Thursday, August 22, 2002
Let's try that again...
Okay, I don't know what happened to my blog entry yesterday, but let me try to recreate it without breaking down into tears like I did yesterday, then I'll blog about today.
Actually, I'll make it much briefer.
Kurt, I am so sorry to hear about your friend. Losing someone you care about is hard, but when someone takes their own life, it creates such an emotional uproar in the friends and family, simplified to "what could I have done to prevent this?"
My mother's best friend, who was the subject of one of my very first blogs, and whom I had known my whole life, and except for my parents was the adult I loved more than anyone, took her life about 10 years ago. It devastated all of us, and left us with such guilt and sorrow and anger that even now I can't think of it without breaking down (geez, here I go again).
I know it doesn't make it easier, but know that because of your blog, there are people out there that you've never met who care about you - those that you've allowed a glimpse of your life and your soul who appreciate what you've shared and wish the best for you. Count me among those numbers, and know that my thoughts and prayers are with you - and if "prayers" doesn't quite fit right, then know that I send you a big hug and a shoulder to rest your head on.
posted by Rob Cordell
8:30 AM
<

|