truvy 
  corner   



HOME

ARCHIVES


"There are some pretty sick tickets in this town!" - and baby, I'm just one of them!

 

Monday, August 05, 2002

 

Get your freak on girlfriend

I so don't want to be at work today...Today has "naptime" written all over it, and here's me without my nap-mat from kindergarten - remember those? My favorite was to be the one chosen to play the good fairy (I kid you not) and tap my little classmates on the head with a magic wand with a glittery star on the end, waking each of them from their peaceful slumber.
And I had any choice in this whole gay matter? please mary...
Anyway, where Was I?
Oh yeah - Friday night went to Gene's apt. in the East Village ghetto (so exotic!) to pick him up, listen to the new Dolly CD (her Stairway to Heaven is amazing - it sounds like the definitive version) and then we had dinner at San Loco (or San something....whatever- great catfish tacos - mmmm), before seeing Notorious C.H.O. at the new Sunshine movieplex - which is as far East as the Man has been willing to put a movie house, ya know? Movie was funny as shit, and Margaret Cho is just too fabulous for words. She reminds me a bit of Whoopi, in the earlier years when she said what she wanted, and things were funny, but overall there was actually a message. Her whole part about body image, being overweight, the time spent looking in the mirror, or sucking in your gut every time you pass in front of reflective glass...well, it all struck a fairly raw nerve (deep down I hate that what I look like matters so amazingly much to me, and how it affects my entire life), and I got a wee teary, and was glad for the dark. What is that anyway? As a gay man, can't I just cry and be done with it? I mean really. And in front of Gene, who would totally not think less of me for shedding a tear, and possibly even think more of me for occasionally acting human. Whatever - we're still wrapped up (well, I am and I suspect others to be) in everything society expects from a man, and showing weakness (read crying, being sensitive, etc.) and sucking dick just aren't two of those things, so it's all downhill from there compadres, cause I'm sho' not gonna stop sucking dick.
Hmm, ramble ramble.
Anyway - movie was great and I encourage you all to see it.
Robert was up at the house with his study group from school, and I missed him.
Saturday was a photo shoot for the Chorus - I had 3 costumes as Miss Anne Thrope, and 1 as Rob. I'll tell ya, as much as I enjoy being Queen of the Chorus, I was ready to have the bitch in the closet until October. I'm about dragged out y'all, and I mean it. 5 times in 3 weeks around Pride/4th of July just about wore me out. I'm not currently inspired re. any costumes, ideas, nada. But, Anne did look pretty fierce in her Transvestite Hooker outfit with the just-been-fucked wild-ass hair (named Big Red - all the wigs have names and distinct personalities) - I woulda fucked me in that! Hell - several of the boys there woulda fucked me in that. When Michael M. (big, hunky, scrumptious guy) ran his hands up & down my legs and onto my crotch & ass for the 2nd time in 20 minutes, it was just about all I could do not to drop to my knees right there and rip his pants off and....well, you get the idea. I think the straight photographer might have gone for it as well - ya never know.
Sunday was spent very quiet, very mellow - a lotta laundry, some good reading time, Chinese dinner (where RJ never wants to go, so I was taking advantage of being single & going to Sammy's) and early to bed. But somehow, I'm still sleepy. Too much rest, or was it that I teased my body with the glimpse of well-restedness?
Anyway, I'm excited as all hell about going to Las Vegas on Friday night to meet Peter & see Cher on Saturday night.
Are you sure you don't want to take that 1-hour flight & meet us? And bring exactly that outfit you were wearing in your most-recent picture - except you can lose the teddy bear.
We're staying at the Bellagio, and I'm currently trying to decide if I want to spend $165 for a 80 minute massage. Or maybe Peter & I should pool our resources and hire a hot escort to do us both *(separately - I'm not sure I could do that in the same room as Peter!). Ah, decisions, decisions - any suggestions?



<



This page is powered by Blogger.