truvy 
  corner   



HOME

ARCHIVES


"There are some pretty sick tickets in this town!" - and baby, I'm just one of them!

 

Friday, August 09, 2002

 

Believe It

I am so excited about flying off to Las Vegas tonight to see Cher in concert tomorrow! I finally pulled myself away from my book and packed my bag - a few pair of shorts, a pair of jeans, khakis for the plane, a bathing suit, and several cute tops, er...shirts. The cute tops I'll hopefully be meeting in LV (har har har). I'm excited to see Peter (father of Gryffin, brother of Rowan, my dog-child) (well that was very Lord of the Rings, Rob son of Robert and Dianne) as well - I'm glad he's settling into living in LA LA land, but for selfish reasons I wish he were still in NYC.
I'm also excited about going to Vegas - since it'll be my 1st time there, I feel like a kid going to DisneyWorld or something - so much to see & do! I've never been gambling, but I'm all up for it. I'm following everyone's advice & taking what I "want" to lose (not "afford", since I can't really afford to "lose" money thank you very much), and I have dreams of hitting the jackpot on the 1-armed bandits! Yes, it might be me you see on Monday morning on Good Morning America (I will politely decline Matt & what's-her-name's offer to appear on that NBC network morning show), still intoxicated I'm sure, blathering on about how I've never been to Vegas before, but shoo-howdy, how happy I am that I just won 65 b-tri-gillion dollars on my grande investment of 50 cents! Lemme tell you, I would most likely not be one of those people who'd say "it wouldn't change me, I'll still keep my job"). Yes, I'd probably still work, but it would be for a public-interest group or some sort of interesting non-profit organization, where my contribution would really make a difference - not some soul-sucking establishment that I've up till now always been forced to work at because of the size of my school debt. Ah well, wish me luck and I'll buy you all a drink if I'm the big winner!



<



This page is powered by Blogger.