truvy 
  corner   



HOME

ARCHIVES


"There are some pretty sick tickets in this town!" - and baby, I'm just one of them!

 

Friday, July 26, 2002

 

Party list

Okay, so the biggest party I'm throwing all year is tonight. I'm calling it the "Multi-purpose Cocktail Party", because it's celebrating my 32nd bday, Robert's 39th bday, Robert's almost graduation from B-school, and my 10th anniversary of moving to New York City. Okay, where's that list?

Clean house (or have the maid do it) - check
Buy liquor (Cosmos, Vodka, Gin, Rum, Scotch, Corona, White & Red Australian wines) - check
Buy mixers and food (cheeses, delicious little meats & crackers, crudite & blue cheese dip, various munchies, about 15 different kinds of nibbly bits hot from the oven, double chocolate brownies cut into bite-sized pieces) - check
Set up apartment for party mode (no, not the rubber sheets and crisco, different kind of party) - check
Get dog groomed (Who's Daddy's good boy?)- check
Make the boyfriend clean his desk and put his shit away somewhere ("I don't care where you shove it, just as long as I can't see it")- check
Hire 4 of the most gorgeous bartenders you've ever seen - check (well, at least 1 of them is - Jamie - I've not yet met the others)
Buy new outfit - check (cute little summer ensemble from Kenneth Cole - right mix of stylish/nice but relaxed)
Get haircut - check (went for betwixt/between High & Tight and the old 'do - came out nicely & makes me look younger (?))
Pick up brownies from bakery - check (ouch, did I really just spend $100 on brownies?)
Get defined abs & a body of death - well, not quite yet, but working on it - I had to skip swimteam last night to get the apt. ready, and this morning I was wiped out, so I guess I'll go to the gym at lunch - well, except mutherfucker, you forgot to bring your gym clothes, AND you forgot your Palm. Um, preoccupied anyone? Such a pillowcase. Thank God my Heathers sister Mr. Wagley is bringing some cornnuts - BQ of course - to the party.

Brian, I know Cissy & Union Girl are coming, but are you? Was I a dolt & did I forget to send you the evite?? Well, if so, please try to come!



<



This page is powered by Blogger.