|
HOME
ARCHIVES
"There are some pretty sick tickets in this town!" - and baby, I'm just one of them!
|
|
Wednesday, July 17, 2002
Headline - Hairspray! Hefty Hair Hoppers Huge Hit!
My darlings my dear dear readers! It is my exquisite pleasure to be (one of) the very first in New York City to tell you that Hairspray, the Musical, is wonderful, fabulous, a HUGE hit, and will just knock your socks and your big Mama caftan right off! I had the extraordinary luck to get a call this afternoon from my friend in the Chorus, Morgan, and he invited me to see the very last dress rehearsal before tomorrow's first night of previews! Morgan is friends with the very talented Mark Shaiman and Scott Wittman, who wrote all the music for this amazingly fabulous new musical. Besides the great music, wonderfully performed by a talented cast, the rest of the show was just wonderful - the sets, divine - the costumes & wigs, fabulous - the choreography, stimulating & fresh - the lighting, inspired - even the curtain was fabulous!
I am fresh from the Neil Simon theatre, and as you can probably guess, a bit exhilerated! I am really just so pleased! I love the movie, and when I heard that it was going to be a musical a few years back, I was quite exited, and the reviews out of Seattle, where they put this together, were fun and made the anticipation all the more delicious. We already have tickets for August 28th, but to get to see it with the intimate insiders (well, close enough) was really a special treat.
I highly recommend you get your tickets NOW, because once this hits tomorrow, you won't be able to touch it for months - think Producers tickets, but harder to get. Don't hesitate, buy now! And send me an e-mail to thank me later :)
posted by Rob Cordell
8:28 PM
<

|