truvy 
  corner   



HOME

ARCHIVES


"There are some pretty sick tickets in this town!" - and baby, I'm just one of them!

 

Monday, July 15, 2002

 

Happy Birthday

To me! Yes, today's the big day - I'm 32.
RJ took me to Gascogne last night for dinner to celebrate, and it was lovely. We had a great meal (I had grilled calamari & duck breast, Robert had cucumber/avocado soup & lamb) with very nice wine (a Cabernet Franc) and superb armagnac (mine from 1948!), and sinfully delicious desserts (profiteroles, poached pear and creme brulee brought out with a candle!). We have such a nice time every time we go there, and it's always a special & memorable meal.
Today I treated myself to sushi & cold sake for lunch at Haru, and a rich chocolate brownie from our very own cafeteria (sound silly? well, they have the best brownies I've ever tasted, but they're the same ones found at many gourmet shops - made by some institutional bakery here in the City). Can you tell that for me celebrations revolve largely around food?
In a few weeks we're having a cocktail party to celebrate my birthday, RJ's birthday, his almost-graduating from business school & my 10 year anniversary of moving to the City. We'll see lots of friends & celebrate then, but tonight, the actual night, I think I'll spend some quality time with the dog & get some rest - maybe watch a movie or something, but probably not. Low-key birthday, sounds good to me.

Just a quick note of clarification on Cher - the concert in Vegas is August 10th - and yes, I consider 4 weeks (only) planning to be spontaneous fun - I know it sounded from the last post that Cher was JUST around the corner, but, well, 4 weeks IS right around the corner - there's lots to do & tempus fugit & all that. :) Ah well - I'll give you a full report, dear readers, don't fear, but Cher isn't for a short while.



<



This page is powered by Blogger.