|
HOME
ARCHIVES
"There are some pretty sick tickets in this town!" - and baby, I'm just one of them!
|
|
Monday, July 29, 2002
Fiesta del verano
The party was fun fun fun. I actually enjoyed it and had a good time - it was over before I knew it! In all about 140 people showed up, but there was nice flow to the event, so it never felt too crowded. The weather was Perfect - like something out of a lovely fall dream in the high 60's and not-too-high humidity. I think people had a good time, and I certainly enjoyed the chance to see some people I had not had the chance to visit with in some time.
RJ and I went up to the house on Saturday - I was supposed to pick him up from school, but the car would not start! I let our neighbor borrow the car on Thursday, and he evidently left a light on or something, because the battery was dead dead dead. But, OnStar sent someone from AAA with a "hotbox" (sounds fun, no?), which was basically just this big battery w/ cables hooked up to it, and our little Blazer started right up. So, 2 hours later than we thought, we got up to the house upstate in time for some therapeutic time in the hottub and a nap in the hammock before dinner at the 1906 House. I took RJ there for his birthday, and it was a nice time all around. Not much to report for the rest of the weekend, EXCEPT that I forgot to bring down clothes for a photo shoot I have this weekend coming up, so I have to drive back tonight & fetch them. Fuck fuck fuck fuck! I can be such a scatter-brain sometimes. Oh well - I am going to go up & spend the night & drive back early in the morning. I've never driven on a weekday morning, but if Beau & Jeff can do it, I suppose it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Just another $15 in gas & 4+ hours that I could be at the gym or doing something else constructive. Instead, I'll listen to some fun, but slightly harsh music that Robert doesn't like, such as Nickelback, Linkin Park, and a few others. Every once in a while I need a little infusion of harsh guitars to keep me grounded.
posted by Rob Cordell
11:35 AM
<

|