|
HOME
ARCHIVES
"There are some pretty sick tickets in this town!" - and baby, I'm just one of them!
|
|
Thursday, July 11, 2002
Believe
Do you believe in life after Cher?
Well, in the chance that I won't ever get to see her again, I decided I do not, and that I need to see her Farewell Tour.
She was in NY a few weeks back, but during Pride Week I think, and I was WAY too busy preparing for the March, dancers, costumes, etc. etc. to go. I kept half-hoping Robert would surprise me with tickets, but that didn't happen (which is fine, it was a vague hope in the back of my head, rather like winning the lottery & quitting my job).
Then, the day before yesterday, I read a review of the concert, and decided, dammit, that I needed to see Cher! Half-Breed! Dark Lady! So, I lit the candles one by one, and popped onto the internet to see where I might possibly go see her. Hmm, Friday in Chicago...that would be nice, but hard to get to an 8 o'clock concert without taking off work (not an option w/ all the upcoming vacations to P'town & Down Under). Hmm, Saturday night in LAS VEGAS - shoo howdy fart! I ain't never been to LAS VEGAS before, and wouldn't this be just too fun?!
So, I excitedly e-mail one of my bestest pals Peter, who is the daddy to Gryffin, Rowan's little half brother (oh, the tangled world of dog siblings), and who (sadly to me) has moved to Los Angeles. "Peter", I said, "why don't you meet me in LV to see Cher!"
Happily luckily excitedly and fantabulously, Peter thought this was a great idea.
E-bay provided us with fabulous tickets ON THE FLOOR (yes missy, I'm down with the Cher action-seekers, hoping some magical Cher sweat falls on my gayer-than-thou head), and National Airlines is providing me with the $204 r/t ticket (can you Believe it? Well, check out their website for Living Proof). Peter and I plan to stay at the Bellagio for a fairly decent price, and we're trying to get tickets to see Cirque du Soleil's "O" show too. I'm so excited for all of Vegas - tacky, big lights, big hair & polyester track suits - sign me UP!
posted by Rob Cordell
8:32 AM
<

|