truvy 
  corner   



HOME

ARCHIVES


"There are some pretty sick tickets in this town!" - and baby, I'm just one of them!

 

Friday, June 14, 2002

 

Concertina

Well, tomorrow is the big day - our Pride concert at Carnegie Hall - "Music for Michael (Mouse) Tolliver" with narration by Armistead Maupin! Tonight is 4 hours of dress rehearsal with Armistead, and then showtime is tomorrow at 8. I'm excited, but feeling so tired it's hard to muster the strength. I hope I'm not coming down w/ something.
Lots of outfits tomorrow: Leather boy outfit for "Does your Mother know that you're OUT", western outfit for rest of 1st half of concert, tuxedo for 2nd half of concert, & most importantly Anne's outfit for the after-concert party. Philomena is making it again, and it's a pink & green silk plaid. The design is a cross between 50's cute cocktail dress and a modified sarong. I wanted something springy/summery (who knew it would be so fucking cold?), not cut too low, with a short sleeve or poof to cover my new tattoo. My (final?) fitting will be tonight after dress rehearsal, and tomorrow morning I pick up the shoes I had dyed to match (a deep seafoam green - to match one of the shades of green in the plaid). Now, I think I'll be going with the Jessica Rabbit hairstyle, and of course the crown jewels. Ah, heavy is the head that wears the crown, especially when said crown weighs 11 pounds. Well, beauty is pain, and as Truvy would say, "There's no such thing as natural beauty!" You remember that, or we're all out of a job!



<



This page is powered by Blogger.