truvy 
  corner   



HOME

ARCHIVES


"There are some pretty sick tickets in this town!" - and baby, I'm just one of them!

 

Tuesday, May 14, 2002

 

Here's to You, Mrs. Robinson

I forgot to mention that RJ and I went to see "The Graduate" last Thursday. I know I'll be chastised for this, but I hadn't even seen the movie (a bit before my time), but of course I knew the story line. I thought Kathleen Turner was delightful. She is a great actress, and I think the variety of roles she has played allows her to dive into a role like Mrs. Robinson and really make the most of it. I disagree with some that think her performance isn't multi-faceted enough, or doesn't dig into the character. I thought she took a well-known role, made it her own, and worked it fabulously. Alicia Silverstone & Jason Biggs were also good (A.S. was maybe a bit whiny-er than the role called for, but you can see what the director is going for). And, typical me, I thought Jason Biggs' body was yummy - very taut & defined - very now, if you will (and you will). I really loved the set too - the series of doors making each of the walls is such a good idea (I know it's been done before, but I like it). My favorite was the interior of the Robinsons' home - all the 60's glassware & vases, etc. and the groovy couch - very well put together. Kathleen Turner is in it until Labor Day, so go see it before then!



<



This page is powered by Blogger.