truvy 
  corner   



HOME

ARCHIVES


"There are some pretty sick tickets in this town!" - and baby, I'm just one of them!

 

Tuesday, May 07, 2002

 

Floating

This is the 1st year in the Chorus' history that we're going to have a float in the Gay Pride Parade. I'm pretty excited, because it will get us more notice, hopefully intrigue lots of people to come see our concerts, and also cause I get to ride on top (being Queen has its few privileges).
So yesterday I busted my ass to get out of work early, drove with Loopee (not "her" real name) out to Clifton fucking New Jersey, fighting traffic on the dreaded Route 3, and find our way to Bond Parade Floats by 5:45 - actually a little better time than we had anticipated. And then? NADA. They weren't there. They fucking stood us up! I made the appointment, they faxed me the directions in an acknowledgement of our appt., and then didn't bother to stick around. I'm pretty fucking pissed off, as you could probably imagine.
Well, anyway, we did get to peek through a portion of the fence, and there seem to be quite a few that would work well, so I'm not too too concerned about not getting one, but angry still I am (yoda-speak) at the parade float pigfuckers.
That being said, we need to come up with another $1500 to pay for the float & sound system. SOO, if any of you are interested in helping out & making a tax-deductible contribution to the Chorus (earmarked for the float), just let me know! I thought about it calling it the "Bitch on Wheels Fund", but I'm such a sweet, delicate flower that no one would really believe that...



<



This page is powered by Blogger.