truvy 
  corner   



HOME

ARCHIVES


"There are some pretty sick tickets in this town!" - and baby, I'm just one of them!

 

Monday, April 01, 2002

 

Peter Cottontail - Oy what a weekend!

Well, Peter Cottontail hopped right down the bunny trail and deposited a huge amount of sweets on my dining room table this weekend.
Thanks for help with the diet you furry fiend!
It was a fun weekend with Michael & Matt (& Robert) up at the house. Matt & I drank way too much on Friday night, with Art's phrase of "getting our drink on" said many many times, and of course we paid the price Friday night & throughout Saturday morning as well. Robert and Michael described it as, "all of a sudden it was like somebody flipped a switch and you 2 were out of your minds drunk! It was quite a show!" Evidently it was a fairly Patsy & Edina moment (we'll fight over who's who later), including falling out of our chairs at dinner from laughing so hard. Hmmm. I don't think I'll be having any Pink Sweaters anytime soon. Thank G-d I have my don't drink and drag rule, so that never happens when I'm actually in heels. I think it was probably just a stress-release in a safe environment, but still, geez, I'm a little embarrassed.
However, before I got too blitzed, I did manage to order some lovely new lighting fixtures for the living room. After almost a year of searching for replacement glass fixtures/globes for the original fixtures in the house (I broke 2 when I tripped and knocked into the chandelier - no, not drunk, just running for the phone - what did your mother always say? No running in the house!), I finally broke down and admitted that the fixtures are so ugly that no one would have saved these when they ripped them forcibly from the ceiling & hurled them outside to rid the world of their ugliness. But now we have some period-appropriate fixtures on their way!
Oh, here's some fun sent to me by my dear friend John. Open this page and see what's wrong with the seemingly ordinary picture (Hint, turn your sound way up).



<



This page is powered by Blogger.