truvy 
  corner   



HOME

ARCHIVES


"There are some pretty sick tickets in this town!" - and baby, I'm just one of them!

 

Tuesday, April 16, 2002

 

If I had $325 Million

Okay, so who hasn't fantasized what they would do if they won the lottery?
Although I agree (to a point) with my friend Marla that lotteries are "taxes on stupid people", I can't resist the urge to buy some big game tix when the jackpot is $325 million! (Okay, so roughly $170 if you take the one-time payment in a lump sum, after taxes maybe maybe $110 million, but still, that would do a lot of things).

Here's some things I would do:

Pay off all my student loans
Pay off the mortgage on the house, apartment, loan on car
Pay off the mortgage on my mother's and sister's houses
Not quit my job for at least a little while just to fuck with people's minds, but demand that I get to work one day a week from home
Complete all the projects yet to be done on the house, including combining the 2 rooms on the 2nd floor, digging a new well & putting in a kick-ass water filtration & UV treatment system, tearing down the barn & building a garage, landscape, buy the lot next door & adjacent in the back so no one can build there, clear a few stands of trees that are blocking what looks to be a nice view, replace all the old windows on the 2nd floor, hire a maid
Never fly coach again, except on short flights where it doesn't make any difference
Give $10,000 to each of my godchildren to completely splurge on whatever they wanted
Get at least one massage a week, okay at least 2/week
Get a trainer at the gym who will kick my ass into better shape - darling, if I'm going to be rich I'd better damn well look good
So you see, not much would change - I'd just be able to do what I want and not have to worry about how to pay for it.

What would you do gentle reader? C'mon, you know you've thought about it.



<



This page is powered by Blogger.