truvy 
  corner   



HOME

ARCHIVES


"There are some pretty sick tickets in this town!" - and baby, I'm just one of them!

 

Tuesday, April 09, 2002

 

Dream a little dream of War

So there I was, running across the field, dodging these energy orb-bombs that were being thrown at us, automatic rifle in my hands. It was war, and I was part of a large troop, but had one main soldier as my back-up and partner. The enemy was alternately (or together) Japanese (in dark business suits, but no shirt and tie, more of a CK black t-shirt) and Israeli (full fatigues, I think). We couldn't even lie down to rest, as the bombs kept coming and coming, continually we had to dodge them as they rolled and bounced right at us, as if they could see us to launch them at us, even though we couldn't see them. We were running, and I was shooting at the enemy. My partner, I mistakenly shot her in the back (yes, her), and she slumped forward. There was no blood, but a tiny hole in the skin of her back. Someone else came over to help, and I instantly hated and loved him - it was very contradictory and frustrating. She was my partner, I'd help her, but thank you for helping, look what I've done.
Some parents or friends came by to visit and see what we were doing and I shot one of the visitors (a brother or cousin maybe?) in the chest, because he was Jewish and criticizing us and I thought he was leaking secrets to the enemy.
I awoke to the dog nuzzling against me and Robert getting out of the shower.
"Are you already back from Rowan's walk?", I ask, head spinning from this vivid and frightening dream.
So, too much of this, or too much Ender's Game?



<



This page is powered by Blogger.