|
HOME
ARCHIVES
"There are some pretty sick tickets in this town!" - and baby, I'm just one of them!
|
|
Monday, April 15, 2002
But a house is not a home
I am feeling good this tax day boys & girls.
First, I got my tax return last Friday, so I promptly divvied that up and sent it off to credit cards to pay them off, which is nice. Also, had a lovely weekend upstate with Jack & Jeff and Robert. Saturday was rainy rainy, but we played board games, did housework, and generally kept a low, relaxed profile, which I like. Robert bought me a new bed for the 3rd floor room as an early b-day present, which was fun & a nice surprise. I asked him to go to the store w/ me because I need affirmation when making decisions like that - we'll be sleeping on that bed (G-d willing) for years and years to come, and I'd hate to get one that both of us didn't like. Plus, something about "major purchases" makes me attempt to seek a consensus - usually I'm so headstrong & I know what's "right" and "wrong" for any given situation (we're talking about the realm of shopping here, don't get excited), but I second-guess anything over $1000. We ended up getting a king-size Sealy Posturpedic pillow-top, their middle range model. It feels really yummy to lie on, and they guarantee that the pillow-top won't go concave on us for 10 years, or they'll replace it. Sounds good to me.
Speaking of $1000, it's time for the electrician to come & install light fixtures, finish outlets, etc. It's amazing, but every time they show up, really no matter what it is, it takes most of the day & costs $1000. So, as a result, I tend to wait until there's a good size list of things to do before I call.
Also, I moved a bunch of furniture around to what should be their final places in bedrooms. With the rolling 5-year plan, I guess you can never be too sure that I won't change something, but I think it's pretty set for now. I'm very Cancerian in these aspects - my home is very important to me - a feeling of settlement, permanence, suitable surroundings - all help me sleep better at night when they're going well & give me nightmares when they're left undone. I'm starting to sleep better with all this accomplished. Now if I can just find a contractor to come & service our well - we keep on running out of water, which in general is NOT a good thing.
Now, next step is to have friends come visit & fill up these newly rearranged rooms. Whatt'reya waitin 'fer?
posted by Rob Cordell
2:24 PM
<

|