truvy 
  corner   



HOME

ARCHIVES


"There are some pretty sick tickets in this town!" - and baby, I'm just one of them!

 

Wednesday, March 13, 2002

 

Youth & Beauty

Robert and I had lunch with my cousin's son, Brian and his girlfriend Sarah on Monday. It was Sarah's first time in New York City, and they came for Spring Break. They're just so cute and young and fresh-faced-neatly-put-together-freshly-scrubbed-twenty-year-old bundles of energy and wonder. I had planned on writing some snarky little comment on how a few months living here would rub all that out, but I just can't. Their youth and beauty overwhelmed me, and I loved every second I was with them, and I left them feeling uplifted and refreshed. God, to be 20 again and be so open to everything! It made me feel slightly old, but no so bad. I remember I spent part of my summer before 5th grade with my Aunt Barbara & Uncle Jim (Brian's grandparents), and Karen was pregnant with Brian at the time - the first baby of this generation in our family. I have always had a fondness in my heart for him because of that, and now to see him in college, doing well, really thriving and maturing into an exemplary young man, well, it just does a gay cousin / uncle's heart proud! I think I'm going to write his mom & dad to tell them how wonderfully well they've done in raising Brian. Or maybe I'll just sit back and enjoy the moment.



<



This page is powered by Blogger.