truvy 
  corner   



HOME

ARCHIVES


"There are some pretty sick tickets in this town!" - and baby, I'm just one of them!

 

Monday, March 18, 2002

 

Glamour

Okay, I can't let the morning go by without saying that I had a fabulous time on Saturday night at the Night of 1000 Gowns. I shared a hotel room with Jacqueline Jonee - we dressed there at the Marriot Marquis (which incidentally, someone told me is the largest Marriot in the world - who knew? who cared?). Jacqueline and I had lots of fun dressing together, comparing makeup & me getting some eye shadow tips. I was in that blue & pink number, so my makeup was considerably lighter than usual - very Spring & Light & Airy - or at least that was what I was trying for.
Cissy Galore & Witti Repartee came up for a glass of champers, and Sir Marc, Robert, Ric & Bill escorted us all down to the fun. We said hello to the outgoing Empress Fiona St. and Emperor Damian, and mingled for an hour or so before the doors opened for the dining & performance hall. Loopee Chenille, Evening Starr, Ambrosia & Barbie Stilletto were the other former Chorus Queens (in addition to Cissy & Jacqueline) in attendance, all looking smashing & glamorous and fabulous as ever. Jeffrey sat at our table, along with Bill & Mark, who met at the Night of 1000 Gowns 12 years ago (!).
The evening opened with a great medley & performance from West Side Story (Fiona being PR, Damian white-boy, it was very appropriate and lots of fun), and continued on at a brisk pace for a few hours. After those few hours, the pace slowed a bit and we were all a bit tired. After 6 hours in that dress & crown (it feels like a vice grip on your head after about 1 hour...so just imagine), I couldn't take it any more, so we went back upstairs & undressed. Everyone else vacated the room, but I took the opportunity to have hot hotel sex with my boyfriend, who I must confess was a wee bit tipsy. But, fun it was nonetheless! The whole evening was fun - lots of glamour and excitement, visiting, seeing old friends (like Darren & Darren, who showed up late but looked phenomenal) & new friends (like Honey and Philomena) and generally having a silly but fun time.
Thanks to the Imperial Court of New York for a great evening!



<



This page is powered by Blogger.