|
HOME
ARCHIVES
"There are some pretty sick tickets in this town!" - and baby, I'm just one of them!
|
|
Wednesday, March 27, 2002
Dazzling?
Last night I saw "The Dazzle" with Jeffrey, right after our voice lesson. Re. the voice lesson, I'm feeling moderately comfortable with tonight's audition, but I know when I get up there my heart will be racing and I'll be scared to death. I get much more frightened about auditions than I do performances. If I get past tonight (which I think I have a pretty good chance), there are the callbacks next Wednesday - so stay tuned.
On to the play - dazzling? Well, maybe not, but very good. The play is about 2 brothers and their interactions, and a woman entering their lives. All 3 players were very strong and quite compelling, but in the 2nd act I found it dragged a bit, and in my sleep deprived state began to do the much-dreaded head-bob. Oh well, what I saw of it I enjoyed, and I think I only missed a moment or two really. The set alone is worth going to see the play - fabulous detail and very convincing. I loved the Harlem townhouse, turn of the century ('ish), which grew increasingly cluttered as the play progressed. The set designer should receive some award or special recognition.
Well, here's hoping for a dazzling performance tonight, wish me luck.
posted by Rob Cordell
6:41 AM
<

|