truvy 
  corner   



HOME

ARCHIVES


"There are some pretty sick tickets in this town!" - and baby, I'm just one of them!

 

Thursday, March 28, 2002

 

1st Step, Ask her out & treat her like a lady...

Well, the 1st step is a success!
I got called back, along with only 3 other candidates. The others are: John W., who truly has a lovely and wonderful voice, Mark F., who truly has a lovely body, and I've never heard his voice but I'm sure it's pretty good, and Michael L-M, who is brand spanking fucking new to the Chorus, and I don't know squat about him.
Anyway, to be in the same group as John W. makes me feel truly wonderful. If I can keep this up, I have great hopes for my future. Maybe not necessarily for this role (1 in 4 shot...we'll see), but if not this, then for the future.
I say that, dear and gentle reader, trying to be non-chalant and casual about this all, but I rilly rilly want this part.
I LOVE the character of Michael Mouse Tolliver. I completely identify with him, or at the very least empathize with his life, his thoughts, what he's gone through. I fell in love with him the first time I read Tales of the City. I just read all the books in sequence to prepare for this audition, to feel and understand what Michael is going through. I wake up each morning with the song, Michael's Letter to Mama" in my head and go to bed every night with it still there. My entire family would come see the concert if I got this part, which would SO be what Michael's family would do, and it would mean so much to me.
I have never in my life wanted a part this much, and it scares me to death to admit this to you all. It's going to hurt if I don't get it, but I've got to try to retain a shred of reality here - these guys I'm up against are professional singers - they're RILLY good (!). But I don't know if they want it in the same way I do, and I pray that shows through.
Wish me luck for the callback next Wednesday from 8-10. Send me all the San Francisco Barbary Lane Michael Mouse Mojo and good vibes you can, and a little prayer might not hurt either.



<



This page is powered by Blogger.