truvy 
  corner   



HOME

ARCHIVES


"There are some pretty sick tickets in this town!" - and baby, I'm just one of them!

 

Friday, February 22, 2002

 
Updates & Plans.

Several of you have asked if I've heard anything re. Martha yet, but no, not even a response to the e-mail & resume I sent. I suppose there's the off chance that it was never received, but let's be realistic - he just wasn't interested and didn't care enough to respond. Ouch - a little bit of a blow to the ego, but I'm getting used to those.

The dance retreat is this weekend up at my house to get ready for the concert. I am such a neurotic and control-freak of a host, but I hope it comes off as just being a gracious host. These people are all my friends (or at least they're good acquaintances, I have very few close friends when you get down to it, but that's a topic for another time, I would think), so you would think I could relax, right? Nah. But, I've drawn up a shopping list (again with the lists, I know I have some strong Virgo rising or something, maybe I should get my charts done) and a menu - here's the menu: Saturday - breakfast - pancakes & waffles with bananas & berries & turkey sausage; lunch - pasta salad with italian turkey sausage, mushrooms, peppers, onions, french bread; dinner - grilled/marinated skinless boneless chicken breasts, rice, salad, french bread, pumpkin pie & ice cream; Sunday - breakfast - straada with fruit salad; lunch - sandwiches of roast beef, smoked turkey & left-over chicken breast, cole slaw, pickles.
Do you see a theme? I don't eat red meat, so the only red meat I'm serving will be a la carte w/ sandwiches. Since the focus of the weekend will be rehearsal, I needed to choose easy-to-prepare menu items, and easy enough to fix for 9 people. I'm not taking Rowan up this weekend, and I'll miss him greatly. He always has so much fun up there, but with a packed house & a packed car, and my constant worry that some brainiac will open the front door & let him out into the street to get killed, it's better that he stay in town for doggie day care on Saturday & to keep RJ company after school.
On Sunday, I hope to see Evan & Josh, who are in town visiting from far-away Chicago. I miss them. Funny though, I think I talk w/ Evan more now than I did when they lived here. I wish they were bringing Otis for a playdate!
Work calls, but so does lunch. I think I'll indulge in some shumai & a spicy tuna roll today - I've had a busy busy week, and a little wasabi will be good for my head, no?
Talk to you later.
If you want to e-mail me or respond (I'll figure out how to link this & get a respond button soon, I promise), feel free to.
robc212@aol.com
Or feel free to link me - I'm so excited - I got what I think to be my first link from someone I don't really know. Thanks Michael - and I really do enjoy your writing - the style really flows with such a nice cadence and feel.



<



This page is powered by Blogger.