truvy 
  corner   



HOME

ARCHIVES


"There are some pretty sick tickets in this town!" - and baby, I'm just one of them!

 

Tuesday, February 05, 2002

 
Isn't it funny how things sometimes come out of the blue as a thought or enter into a conversation, then weave their way into your life? A friend of mine has plans to meet with Oprah's "people" regarding some sort of creative position in some capacity. Well, while discussing this with him, it made me think of the other all-powerful woman in media who affects our lives every day. I'm talking about Martha, of course. I wondered aloud how a classmate of mine, who is an executive there, is doing, and how I'm sure he is busy and challenged, and what a hard but great job it must be. Well, I heard through the grapevine today that they are searching for someone in their legal department with perhaps my qualifications. An interesting thought - a vibrant, dynamic, challenging company in an industry much more to my liking than my current one... I wonder if my qualifications ARE what they're looking for. Well, dear reader, there's only one way to find out. Hmmm, how to best go about this? I think perhaps an e-mail to my classmate to start off. I don't want to put him on the spot in case I'm NOT what they want (can you imagine? I can), but certainly want to make him aware of my interest. Wish me luck!



<



This page is powered by Blogger.