truvy 
  corner   



HOME

ARCHIVES


"There are some pretty sick tickets in this town!" - and baby, I'm just one of them!

 

Sunday, February 24, 2002

 
Ah, sore in so many parts of my body! But what a good weekend of dancing & rehearsal. The D3s (disco dancing dogs - I didn't make it up and think it's really fucking goofy, but little Brett O., our choreographer, likes to give things cute titles and names, so we'll live with it because he's so nice, and pretty darn cute, too) danced up a storm for 6+ hours on Saturday and another 3 or so today. In the down time between rehearsals I was in the kitchen (but neither barefoot nor pregnant - well, not to my knowledge...if that changes, you'll be the first to know, I swear it) cooking up a storm and trying to live up to my Mama's legendary hosting skills.
It really was a fun weekend, and we solidified both dances: a disco medley, which includes Dancing Queen - my very absolute favorite song in the whole world, That's the way - aha aha - I Like It, Stayin' Alive, Turn the Beat Around & Hot Stuff; and Copa Cabana, in which we have both the young fabulous Lola and the very sad, old & tragic Lola.
It was very Love!Valour! Compassion! having 9 gay men in the house up in the country, complete with a little bit of drama and some furtive couplings (no doubt), and 8 of the 9 naked in the hot tub. I feel confident (and proud) that there was what my friend so fondly calls "some inappropriate touching." I was only in the tub Friday night, and the 2nd night left it to the other boys, because I was dead set on some good sleep at that point. Remind me to sleep for a week solid if I ever get the chance - I think that's the only way I'm ever going to catch up on lost zzz's. So, how was your weekend?



<



This page is powered by Blogger.